Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My friend just took apoquel by mistake .. Any thoughts of what

Customer Question

My friend just took apoquel by mistake .. Any thoughts of what needs to be done. She is trying to puke it out but it does not seem to get out
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: She is 29 yrs old. Apoquel is a dog medicine and the med was close to her own vitamin and being busy she did not realize that she actually took the dog medicine.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Appreciate your help. Please connect me ASAP.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidAPOQUEL (oclacitinib maleate) is a synthetic Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitorthe human version isXeljanz (tofacitinib) which is used for rheumatoid arthritis and dosed as 5mg twice a day.most likely one pill of Apoquel will not cause any problems.if she has any symptoms of headaches or diarrhea or upper respiratory infection, she can see her doctor and be evaluated.but I bet she will be finelet me know if you have questions.
do you have any other questions?