Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

If A nit is brown or black then is it dead? I picked up lice on the trip to South America

Customer Question

If A nit is brown or black then is it dead? I picked up lice on the trip to South America couple weeks ago. Because I had never had them or seen them, I did not realize what it was until three days ago.I have done one foam treatment and one shampoo treatment and, just now, when I used the lice comb and comb through my hair over the sink, at least three or 400 tiny brown specs fell out!! They do not move. There were also to live adults and one dead adult. should I do another treatment at this time?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.Do you have itchy scalp?Hair fall?Bumps on scalp?Are you taking any medications?Any other medical history?Thanks.Waiting for your response.