Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My name is***** have not been feeling well for

Customer Question

My name is***** have not been feeling well for months now. I had a cardiac work up yesterday which was fine. I was diagnosed in 2013 with hypoglycemia secondary to gastric bypass surgery. Since late January early February my symptoms have gotten worst. My blood sugars have been running as low as 39. I went to NIH for help but they said they couldn't help me. They said they are working with hyperglycemia not hypoglycemia.
I had a tooth pulled last week. I took the series of antibiotics. I've been having severe headaches throughout my entire head. I'm taking Advil 800mg every 4 hours. The right side of my face, neck are swollen. My right arm is swollen, numb, and hurts. It's been hurting on and off for a few days. I just noticed the swelling today. I have episodes of dizziness, some confusion, just not feeling like myself.
Sometimes I have chest and back discomfort, and Sometimes I feel hot and sweaty. I went to the ER last Friday. They took blood and a chest x-Ray and sent me home. They said I may have some kind of virus.
I don't feel good at all. I'm not able to work right now. I'm tired all the time. I don't have any energy. Some days I can function for about 3 hours. Other days I can't function at all.
I'm miserable all the time.
No one seems to know what's happening to me.
Please, I hope you can give me some kind of answers.
Thank you,
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Can you send a picture of swelling?How is the condition of gum & tooth area?Are you taking Advil or any other medicine?How is urine?Did you see doctor after ER visit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, I saw my PCP on Wednesday and a Cardiologist yesterday. I also saw my dentist today. The place wear the tooth was pulled is healing fine, looks good. I also have little patches of some kind of rash on the arm that's swollen. Yes, I'm taking Advil, cymbals a, lamictal, trazodone, vistaril, low low estrin, and vitamins. I don't know how to send you a picture. I'm on my iPad. If you tell me how, I will.Thank you,Nadine
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
You can attach it in the tool box.What was the opinion of dentist?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He said I need to have a root canal on one of my teeth. Other than that everything is fine.
I took the pics on my phone so how do I send them to you?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
You can attach it as a link & reply.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not technologically savvy. I don't know how to send them. I don't know the email to send them to.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
You do not need an email.You can send as you are replying.