Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Ive had stomach issues going back over a month, It started

Customer Question

Ive had stomach issues going back over a month
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started with sharp pains in my upper abdomen. Bloating, and cramps. The bloating and cramping remains. The sharp pains are long gone, however my stool is mushy-green and my insides have yet to feel close to how it used to.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Do you diarrhea, gas, acid reflux, chest burning, indigestion, tenderness on abdomen, any urinary symptoms, loss of appetite?

Were any investigations done for your symptoms?

Any significant past medical history or surgery?

What is your age and gender?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
31, MaleNo medical history. Just beginning to investigate. My stomach has a constant level of varying discomfort, regardless of whether I've eaten. I don't see it feel any urinary issues.

Thanks for the further information.

Sorry for the delay in answering the question. I had an emergency surgery to do and thus could not reply. I apologize for your waiting.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Gall bladder issue; dysfunction or stone.

2) Gastritis or hiatal hernia

3) Diverticulosis

4) Irritable bowel syndrome.

Following investigations may be considered (if not done);

1) The complete blood count (CBC); altered in irritable bowel disease (in whom leukocytosis / high WBC count is the more frequent result).

2) Protein electrophoresis pattern may show alterations of both albumin and globulins (especially alpha-1 and gamma globulins) in IBS.

3) Thyroid function tests; a high thyroid may cause bowel motions abonoramlities.

4) A barium meal is a helpful study in the diagnosis of intestinal motility disorders.

5) Computed tomography (CT) and / or nuclear magnetic resonance examinations may be considered if the symptoms persist.

6) Ultrasonosgraphy

Following measures collectively may help;

1) Fiber supplementation may improve motions.

2) Caffeine avoidance may limit exacerbation.

3) Lactose and/or fructose should also be limited or avoided.

Following also may help you;

1) Avoid

a) Cabbage

b) Beer

c) Legumes

d) Cheese

e) Beans

2) This may help;

a) Bismuth subsalicylate

b) Activated charcoal

c) Simethicone; (Maalox, Mylanta); Simethicone causes gas bubbles to break up.

d) Beano; contains an enzyme (alpha-galactosidase), which helps to breakdown certain complex carbohydrates.

All are available without prescription.

Avoid foods that appear to aggravate symptoms. These may include milk and dairy products, certain fruits or vegetables, whole grains, artificial sweeteners etc. But this is based on the personal observation for the aggravating food.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: