Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have liver disease and miss eating beans. (canned) is it

Customer Question

Hi, I have liver disease and miss eating beans. (canned) is it safe for me to take Beano
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I do not score high enough for a transplant, am in process of finding live donor. I have emesis from time to time but due to the enlargement of both my liver and spleen, it's become difficult to do perform. I need to know what's safe for me to eat that will not cause me gas or bloat.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes Beano is safe to take even in liver disease.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Google said it wasn't. On several sources. Also, you did not address the other question I asked. I think this is a great idea, but it'd like to know if this is even real.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.

Using Beano at recommended dosage daily will not usually cause liver problem --it is very rare side effect -ultimately it is just an enzyme nothing else.

To prevent bloating, you will need to follow a low FODMAP diet.

Please go to this link for detailed information:
http://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf

Best wishes