Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

18 month old grandson's breath smells like feces least a

Customer Question

Hi! 18 month old grandson's breath smells like feces for at least a week. He was recently seen for swollen lymph nodes in his neck because he kept holding his throat even in his sleep. No treatment was suggested
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: He has been at a nursery school since August and has a constant runny nose green/clear/or yellow and fevers at least monthly always some issue that keeps him home. He also doesn't chew his food just gobbles it down.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, this seems like a fungal infection, mostly it is in nasal area but based on his age and frequent symptoms you should rule out chest infections which can produce such symptoms, cystic fibrosis is one of the possible causes that can cause repeated infections in children. He needs blood tests, chest x rays as this smell means a serious infection. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.