A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I'm having strange sensations when I look down even to look

Customer Question

Hi I'm having strange sensations when I look down even to look down at a book....my stomach starts turning and I feel sick...then slightly lightheaded...also nauseated most days even moving about the house has me feeling sick n lightheaded....very fed up...please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had mri of head showed pineal cyst..neurologist said wouldn't b causing symptoms....had stomach scope done showed hiatus hernia....stomach doc said went cause symptoms...cervical spine mri showed non compressive bulging disc and another one off a bit...not having neck pain....headaches at times.....im v distressed about these symptoms....queasy stomach comes when I bend neck forwards to read....exercise makes me light headed...heart ok too.....this nausea is driving me insane...im 44 ....cd it b hormonal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

Dizziness with resulting nausea is often a balance issue. Balance is controlled by a system involving the inner ear communicating with the brain. An otolaryngologist, also known as an ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) is the specialist to see to determine if this is the cause of your symptoms. It's highly unlikely that fluctuating hormones would be causing it.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have seen 2 different ENT's.. had Balance test with caloric test and nothing showed up..had Cervical Spine MRI also as per my original post..

Of course we are unable to diagnose anything online. It sounds like your providers are slowly ruling out possible causes for your symptoms. Sometimes it is very difficult and takes a long time. All of them are right in saying that pineal cyst, hiatal hernia, mild cervical disc abnormalities, etc. cannot cause the symptoms you are having. Although you have seen two ENTs, it still sounds like the problem is vestibular (inner ear). Sometimes a tumor on the vestibular nerve will cause vertigo, but that should have shown up when you had the MRI that discovered the pineal cyst. Normally fluctuating hormones also do not cause dizziness and nausea. An endocrinologist could order a blood draw to check, but it is really a reach.

I'm sorry it isn't possible to diagnose anything online. Your providers can give you medication to help with the nausea while they try to determine what is causing the dizziness.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~