Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

Whenever I eat I never feel full and can go on to eat a full

Customer Question

whenever I eat I never feel full and can go on to eat a full three course meal then 15 minutes after do the same again
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: since the age of about 6 I have not felt as if I am full after eating (no matter how much I do) and have recently weighed myself and am quite concerned that there may be something wrong with me
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.What is your height and weight and age/,what is your exercise level/physical fitness level/is your job sedentary/are you on any medication/have any investigations been done?Please give me more information and your medical history/family medical history if pertinent,Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
5 foot 10, 17.6st, 17 years old, regular exerciser and moderate fitness levels. my job is sedentary, not on any medication and not had any previous investigations.

You do appear to be about 40 kg overweight,have you discussed this with your PCP?have you been investigated for thyroid abnormalities,lipid profile and other tests as relevant to you on physical examination?It would be prudent to start walking regularly,for about 30-40 minutes at a stretch apart from your regular routine.Diet should be heavy on salads and fresh fruits,avoid carbs and consult a dietician who can guide you to a 1200-1500 balanced healthy diet.Do you have excess stress or metabolic diseases in the family?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
after doing some research what seems to be the problem is leptin resistance as all of the effects of this is what I am experiencing. And no family history of excess stress or metabolic diseases

Leptin resistance and Insulin resistance can be brought down by low calorie diet and regular exercise.There is no magical bullet to counter these ,you really do need a good nutritionist to help with your diet and a Trainer/physiotherapist to guide you with your exercise.