Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I think I may have a couple of different issues going on.

Customer Question

I think I may have a couple of different issues going on. But, for the last week and half when I feel like I'm just going to pass gas I can feel something coming out so I run to the restroom. It turns out to be mostly mucus and sometimes a lot. When I have a BM, I also have mucus. This has never happened to me.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have many different things going on right now. I have been to 3 doctors. Would you like me to tell you everything?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

What has been the result of your doctor's evaluations so far?

Have you had stool sample sent for testing ?

The passing of mucus is a signal of inflammation of the wall of the rectum or lower colon.. this may be the result of an infection or other type irritation of the wall such as the rectum or sigmoid colon...

You may want to consult a gastroenterologist if this is an ongoing problem...

Have you had any recent diarrhea?

I would advise that a stool sample be tested for culture/leukocytes/ C.diff toxin /ova and parasites...

You may need further evaluation such as a colonoscopy to evaluate for problems of the lower colon...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.

Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD