Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

Blockage it seems in my nose (?) ..I sneeze weird (seems

Customer Question

blockage it seems in my nose (?) ..I sneeze weird (seems muffled and not full achooo like most people) boyfriend says I sort of "snore" every night almost any position ...with labored in and out breathing and when I cry "hard" I feel a blockage inside my (upper) nose. Sound like anything common (or not) ? If it matters I also need ALOT of sleep... I get 8 hours plus a night but would still love to sleep 10+ hours on the weekend if I can (when off from work) . Had the above for as long as I can remember (from childhood) Thank you much.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have a deviated septum or blocked sinuses from chronic sinusitis.

you need to consult with an ENT ear nose throat specialist doctor who can look inside of your sinuses with a scope

and can order a sinus CT scan.

your sleeping could be due to low thyroid hormone levels. there are blood test to check for low thyroid hormone levels which can check for hypothyroidism which can cause you to sleep so much.

do you have a doctor you can see who can refer you to see an ENT specialist and get some thyroid blood tests?