Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I had unprotected sex six weeks ago with a woman ( 5

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex six weeks ago with a woman (for like 5 minutes) then next day I got 24-hour bug with all over body aches, fatigue, hives on chest then the next day started feeling better then dull ache in urethra came on. This turned to frequent urination and mix between hypersensitive penis head to pain in tip like someone was squeezing base of penis and you feel the pressure at tip of penis.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So I had minocycline and started taking 100mg twice a day for 8 days but it didn't seem to help. I stopped then went to get tested for HIV. Had to wait a week for results and during that time my symptoms went away completely then I went back for HIV results and said initial test was reactive but second test was not reactive so they repeated test. Well then all my symptoms came back but worse. I went and got tested for all STDs and HIV at another place and I have to wait five more days for results I have no discharge, I find relief when I masterbate and I eventually fall asleep at night and wake up with very mild but still there symptoms but they get worse as day goes on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 months ago.

I understand your worry.

However your symptoms are not confirmative to HIV.

You should wait for your results.

And you get accurate HIV result with western blot method.

If you have done HIV RNA PCR test so it's accuracy is also good.

Hope this helps.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.