I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Swelling of legs on both the sides can be associated because of the following reasons;
1) Venous valvular incompetence
2) Obstruction of the lymphatic outflow
3) Dependent edema which can occur because of the prolonged standing or sitting.
4) Congestive heart failure
5) Kidney diseases
6) Protein deficiency
Following measures are beneficial in decreasing or resolving the swelling:
1) Avoid prolonged standing or walking for long distances in a single stretch.
2) Whenever you sit; keep your legs elevated on a chair or a sofa or stool.Do not hang the legs, otherwise gravity will increase the swelling.
3) Exercises / physical therapy
a) Lie down straight and raise your leg and feet for 10-20 seconds. Repeat this for ten times (twice a day whole set).
b) When you sit; pull the feet towards you for 10-20 seconds. Repeat it for ten times twice a day.
4) Raise leg end of your bed by 6 inches.
The hands and right arm tingling can be due to pinched nerves in the neck. You may need a MRI of the neck and nerve conduction velocity study (NCV) for th4e confirmation. Following can be the other causes;
2) An underactive thyroid gland
3) Excessive use of alcohol
4) Thiamine deficiency
5) Vitamin B 12 deficiency (pernicious anemia)
6) Vitamin B 6 (pyridoxine) taken in excessive amounts
7) Drugs, medications, herbs
8) Autoimmune diseases
9) Heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.