Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I'm ***** ***** and have intermittent ache/pain in both of

Customer Question

I'm ***** ***** and have intermittent ache/pain in both of my quadriceps. I am unable to determine a cause but at its makes it quite painful to stand or walk.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can be seated for any period of time and when I stand up and begin walking, at times, the quadricep pain starts and may intensify until I ist. Again, this is completely intermittent in that sometimes it happens, but not always.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.

What is your age?

Lower back pain?

Do you have numbness,tingling sensation?

Are you overweight?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Any investigations so far?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 62 yrs old and at times have lower back pain. I do tend to have have a numbing feel that runs down the right side of my right leg which I've had for years...long before the issue at had began. I weigh 245 lbs., exercise "on and off" but not regularly. The problem has been for 6 months+, but comes and goes. I am not on any medication.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Waiting for your reply...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What are the next steps? When do I get a response?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.

I understand your concern.

Well your all symptoms are related to nerve impingement in lumbosacral spine which cause numbness,tingling sensation,intermittent pain at certain positions.

You need to be seen by a neurologist for a clinical examination and undergo MRI of lumbosacral spine,NCV with EMG.

Physical therapy can be helpful.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.