Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I've been suffering from globus sensation that increases and

Customer Question

I've been suffering from globus sensation that increases and causes extreme throat tightness, dryness and chest tightness when I talk on the phone.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I've had endoscopy of esophagus and ENT looked at vocal cords etc with camera. Voicebox is inflamed but acid reflux pills make globus sensation so bad I think throat is closing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I've had this for 3 months straight. It started after I hit my head ice skating. MRI is ok and cat scan ok. They think I am suffering post concussion syndrome anxiety
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, severe anxiety can cause you to have very tight throat sensations and globus sensations and tightness of your throat.

you might need to get treatment for your anxiety symptoms to help relax your throat muscles and help your globus

there are medications like sertraline and paroxetine which can help reduce anxiety over time

also diazepam and clonazepam can help decrease anxiety

hydroxyzine and buspirone can also help reduce anxiety.

let me know if you have other questions.