Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University

I have had a mri scan and it shows a solid mass near my

Customer Question

i have had a mri scan and it shows a solid mass near my heart what can this be i have has irregular heart beat and a slightly enlarged heart
Category: Health
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Diego from Boston, experienced Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
I understand your concerns.
The differentia diagnosis of amass near the heart includes benign and malignant possibilities. Depends on your age, risk factors and previous history. A mass could be secondary to lung masses, vascular problems, thymomas. A MRI is not the best study to look at this problem. Talk to your doctor and find if he has a final report and the possibility of further testing like a CT scan of the chest.
The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards