Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I'm having issues with a low spo2 level and my body is

Customer Question

Hey I'm having issues with a low spo2 level and my body is really cold all these time.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I'm don't really have much info just that my body has problems regulating itself. And my spo2 level is 92.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.

What is your age and gender?

What are your current symptoms?

Smoking and alcohol history?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

What is your body temperature?

Any other investigations so far?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My body is really cold when it wake up and also in a lot of pain. Very hard to wake up before 12pm. Also can't get to sleep until 4am. My body also goes into fight or flight response alot.If smoke an electronic cigarette heavily but problems were there before. Rarely drink alcohol.If take Ritalin er 20mg in theaters morning and Risperdal 1.5 MG at night. Als ok supplement with multivitamin,vitamin D,and vitamin K.I've been suffering for 10 years.Body temperature when waking up is 96.7 FI'm have sleep apnea and low testosterone. Feel really fatigued and think it might have adrenal fatigue.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
The previous expert has opted out, so I am answering your question.

What are the investigations done for low pO2?

What did your chest x-ray, lung function tests show?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I used a pulse oximeter for 12 hours straight and it showed 92 the whole time.My x-rays and tests didn't show any problems.

Thanks for the further information.

Few points are important here;

1) Pulse oximetry is interpreted in the context of symptoms. If you do not have breathlessness on rest or on exertion, there is nothing to worry;; as your other investigations are normal.

2) If you have symptoms; you need to get blood gas analysis, which is far sensitive test for oxygen and carbon dioxide carrying by the blood.

3) Pulse oximetry estimates blood oxygen from the capillary flow. Sometimes probes are nor properly functioning or the skin is thick or scarred, they may give slightly low reading. In that case too; blood gas analysis is needed for the further confirmation.

If you have any known lung issues, significant family history or are smoker; you may high resolution CT scan, if not yet done.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Let me know if you have any further questions. I would be glad to answer them.