DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have a question about hair follicle drug testing, Sure so

Customer Question

Hello My name is Rob I have a question about hair follicle drug testing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure so I am taking a hair test tomorrow for chevron through AWSI Last week I self paid for a hair test to make sure I would pass. The lab that was used was Labcorp I has been 90 days since I have taken any drugs but I am prescribed adderal and Xanax The results of the hair test I did privately all came back as negative Even though I take 16 mg of Xanax a month in the past 3 motnhs And adderal I have taken about 40 mg a week in the last month but it also showed up as negative I am concerned why these didn't show up on positive? Was there something wrong with the test I did privately? I paid $500 and it was DOT certified lab they used Or was it that the amount in my hair didn't reach the threshold to make the test for amphetamines and benzos positive ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I did that
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you help me now?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.

Hello

If you told them your prescriptions they would not report a positive

Is that what happened?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No can you read my question
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The hair test I did privately through lab corp cam back as all negative even though I am prescribed Adderall and Xanax
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please answer me.

The only explanation is lab error

or

They did not test for benzos, or adderral

OR, they mixed up samples.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.