Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

MY HUSBAND IS 63 YEARS HAD A PSA TEST DONE & RESULTS WERE

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND IS 63 YEARS HAD A PSA TEST DONE & RESULTS WERE 5.0 SO REPEATED THE TEST & CAME BACK 4.8 SO THE DR. RECOMMENDED BIOPSY WAITING FOR RESULTS---- NO EVIDENCE THROUGH EXAM...
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: REGULAR CHECK UP OF PROSTATE---THIS IS RESULTS---IT WAS 3.6 ABOUT A YEAR AGO...
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: HE TAKES BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS & CHOLESTROL MEDS CONTROLLED BY HEART CARD.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 8 months ago.

I understand your worry.

High PSA itself doesn't confirm prostate cancer.

So I also agree with your doctor to go for biopsy which can determine is this high PSA related to Benign prostate enlargement or cancer.

High PSA can be associated with recent ejaculation,infection,benign prostate enlargement.

PSA above 10 increases the risk of cancer.

Biopsy is advised for early detection of cancer to get prompt treatment and prevention of it's progression.

So consult Urologist with a positive attitude.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.