Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

I have had a few flat scabs on my nose that peel off and

Customer Question

I have had a few flat scabs on my nose that peel off and completely disappear and then come back.. They started after using a blackhead nose strip.When they peel and go away the skin underneath is perfect!!! I'm making an appointment to see theD r. but I'm very concerned about cutting anything on my nose!! What else could it be? I have been using Apple cider vinegar and it seems to be helping but yesterday just being outside for a bit it got very red again!!! I also have done a few mild peels which help. My regular Dr.considered retina A but said he would rather me see a dermatologist..He didn't seem concerned. Can I opt to not have anything cut right away? I'm hoping there are other options..
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

in some cases, flat scabs which come back on the nose can be early skin cancer such as basal cell carcinoma.

a skin biopsy can show for sure if you have basal cell cancer there or not.

have you had lots of prior sun exposure or prior sun burns on your skin? these can be risk factors which increase your risk for skin cancer.

I would get a biopsy by a dermatologist now to know for sure what is going on on your skin.

you don't want an early basal cell skin cancer to continue to slowly growing bigger and bigger.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have an appointment with a Dermatologist. My regular Dr.thinks it may be actinic keratosis because it goes completely away.

it could be actinic keratosis

or possibly an early skin cancer.

only a biopsy can tell for sure.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using