Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have been taken mucinex dm pill form last couple days and

Customer Question

i have been taken mucinex dm pill form for the last couple days and for sinus infection and ear infection and they gave me in urgent care also amoxicillin 500mgs for antibioctic, probem is i am not getting anywhere with the constant cough thats nagging and dry and hurting like i have the symptoms of pnomonia. and i been drinking lots water no milk, cheese pop . i have not been able to sleep at all round the clock and take care of a little four year old, the symptoms i have are joint and mucsle tightness, jerk and jolt movements, headaches , confusion and dry consistant coughs and lots of bottles of sputum and even vomitting
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no just im diabetic
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your symptoms, I agree, are likely more than sinusitis. With history of diabetes and severity off your symptoms; you need complete blood counts, comprehensive metabolic panel and a chest x-ray for evaluation. You may need a stronger antibiotic than Amoxicillin (You may need an injectable antibiotic with your description). Thus you may go to either emergency room or an urgent care clinic as soon as possible.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

In diabetic, infection can spread fast. So one needs to rule out, septicemia, pneumonia and bronchitis with your symptoms. You may have associated acid reflux too. You may consider taking Dramimine and Prilosec, both of which are over the counter medications.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/