A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I tool 800 mg of ibuprofen. Then found Advil cold and sinus

Customer Question

I tool 800 mg of ibuprofen. Then found Advil cold and sinus which I was looking for and took another 400mg. Total 1200 in an hr and a half. At work and head is killing and Advil cold and sinus is all that works. But initially couldn't find any.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 months ago.

The maximum of ibuprofen is 800 mg per dose or 3200 mg per day. It can cause stomach upset, heartburn, and nausea. What you took isn't a critical overdose. Just be sure to eat something and drink lots of water. Don't take any more for at least 8 hours.

Advil Cold and Sinus has 30 mg pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (i.e. Sudafed) as the other active ingredient. It helps with nasal congestion.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,