A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have done an xray on my pelvis and the diagnosis is:

Customer Question

Hello. I have done an xray on my pelvis and the diagnosis is : "there is an evidence os acetabuli bilaterally more prominent on the left side. No evidence of any fracture or any other focal lesion in both hips joints is seen. The sacroiliac joints appear normal. Clinical assessment is advisable. " My name is ***** ***** Petrou. Thank you in advance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a pole dance instructor. My physio said this is probably from over training/over tiring my hips from everyday practice. What is acetabuli bilaterally means?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for requesting me. The acetabulum is the hip socket. Os acetabuli are unfused secondary ossification centers of bone. In other words, they are "bits" of bone that form where they shouldn't. Ossification is the process by which cartilage is turned into bone. Bilateral just means both sides. It can lead to osteoarthritis.

This sometimes happens when the hips aren't normal, i.e. when the femur doesn't fit into the socket properly. It can be congenital. It can also happen from stress overload. You may be more familiar with the imprecise term "stress fracture" although it isn't really a fracture. This is most likely how it came to be in your case.

Typical non-surgical treatment is rest of the hips and regular non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication such as naprosyn, ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc. Arthroscopic surgery can remove the ossicle.

Please let me know if you have more questions about this.

Best regards,