Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Lower left pain near pelvis under abdomen.. Lower back

Customer Question

Lower left pain near pelvis under abdomen.. Lower back pain.. Swollen breast and stomach . Pain comes and goes, vomiting ... Intense at times
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have birth control implant in my arm . I thought maybe I'm pregnant but over past two weeks Iv taken 3 tests negative. The pain didn't start until last Saturday. Doesn't hurt when I pee not a kidney stone I have had those.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have really bad periods but It's not cramps it's a sharp pain that goes from the lower left side that is constant and shoots to the right side sometimes. The pain is located in bikini line area by hip bone just under the belly.
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

I would still be worried about an ectopic pregnancy despite your negative pregnancy tests; for your symptoms. The pregnancy occurring at the places like fallopian tubes or other than uterus is called ectopic pregnancy and may not raise the pregnancy hormones, good enough to be detected by urine or home pregnancy test. For that either a blood pregnancy test or an ultrasound would be the choice of investigations. The other possibilities of the diagnosis are;

1) Fallopian tube infection.

2) Ovarian twist

3) Diverticulitis

4) Intestinal infection.

An x-ray and an ultrasound would be recommended as early as possible for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had a cyst on my right ovarie and it ruptured and bought extreme pain. This reminds me of same just not quite as extreme, yet. Can they do anything for a ovarian twist?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you know if urgent cares do ultrasound or would I need to go to ER?

Most of the urgent care do an ultrasound. But better would be ER where other facilities and availability of a specialist on call is there.

A recurrence of ovarian cyst rupture is not common still a possibility. For the ovarian twist; surgery may be needed, so ovary blood supply does not cease (strangulate).

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope you are doing good.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes and kindest regards,