Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My 10 year old son is having stomach pains which ends in

Customer Question

My 10 year old son is having stomach pains which ends in comiting and nose bleeds
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: For the past 3 nights my son hasn't been able to eat with having a few bites and then. Tucking under holding his tummy. He said it hurts and then runs to the toilet and vomits. Whilst vomiting his nose starts to bleed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think is related. He WAs recently diagnosed with a heart murmur & bradycardia
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: He is 10 years old tomorrow
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

I advise that you have him checked right away -- ER if you need to..

I'm concerned that he sounds to have zero tolerance to eat for 3 days Now ...he may have dehydration which may need to be treated ...

The abdominal pain plus persisting vomiting may range in severity -- gastroenteritis/ gastritis / ulcer / small bowel obstruction / appebdivmcitis could present this way ....

I think the pressure with his vomiting is inducing the nosebleeds but this aspect deserves attention to check as well ...

He should have exam and supportive tests

I would check his temperature and monitor for fever ...

Give sips of fluids only until no vomiting for 12 hours ( Gatorade / Sprite / Jello/ soups may be better tolerated ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He was able to eat breakfast. It's inly dinner time this is happening. Sorry I didn't make that clear

Hello again,

OK well in that case I would stick to a light diet > bland type foods and not heavy meals > starch type foods are easier to digest...(breads, potatoes, rice, soups, crackers, applesauce...etc..)

Have him follow up with his pediatrician tomorrow I suggest if possible..

Over the counter meds that may help nausea > Dramamine, Benedryl, Emetrol , Pepto bismol...

Any diarrhea? That would be common with a gastroenteritis but you did not say that he had that symptom...

More reassuring signs would be that abdominal pain is not ongoing... no fever.( especially not fever >102)

Red flag symptoms would be intractable vomiting where he can't tolerate anything/ abdominal pain so severe that he can't sleep through it , throwing up blood or coffee ground material , bloody diarrhea develops...

I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions.

I will be happy to get back with you!

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD