Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have been tested levels and they came in at 1700. I have

Customer Question

I have been tested for Ige levels and they came in at 1700. I have also had skin prick tests of allegries and none showed on the skin prick tests. Blood tests for allergies also did not reveal any allergies. I have mild to moderate asthma. My respirologist suspects food sensitivies, but that is controversial among Canadian MD's. What might cause the Ige to be so high?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am having day surgery to clean out my sinuses. Last year I had 5 sinus infections treated with anti-biotics. I moved to another Province. My GP sent me to an ENT who did a number of tests and a CAT Scan. I also lost my sense of smell after the 4th of the infections. As I wait for the day surgery which to to happen soon, my sinuses have been treated to daily rinsing with a netipot, adding a pulmacort presciption. Several months of this resulted in a return of my sense of smell about a month ago. The surgery is in 10 days. The ENT also tested for allergies and none were found.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please cancel my request.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

asthma is a type of allergic sensitivity of the lungs.

just having asthma itself is enough to bring your IgE levels to be 1700

having chronic sinus inflammation can cause IgE to be 1700

your sinus surgery should help your breathing and chronic sinus issues.