How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17810
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I keep smelling sulphur, I've been sick days with aches &

Customer Question

I keep smelling sulphur
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I've been sick for 2 days with aches & chills, runny nose
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I'm 62 & caring for my husband who has Parkinson
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
From your symptoms it appears that you are having either parosmia or phantosmia.

Parosmia is that there is some smell but it is distorted.

In phantosmia there is no smell but you can smell abnormally.

There can be various condition leading to this problem.

It can be local nasal problem disturbing smell receptors of the nose like sinusitis, allergy or rhinitis.

Those can cause inflammation and infection of nasal membrane.

The other cause can be neurological or psychiatric illness like migraine, seizure disorder, depression etc.
As you have runny nose, it can be the factor.
If the symptoms continues, you can have a check up by an ENT doctor.
You can use nasal saline drop, claritin, meanwhile.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.