Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had the same bug two months. The congestion, cough,

Customer Question

I have had the same bug for over two months. The congestion, cough, upper respiratory virus. I also have asthma. When I had it the first time right after Christmas, my doctor put me on prednisone (50 mg. for 5 days). I got feeling better, and the first of February
went on a trip to Oregon. Halfway through the trip, I started coughing again and came home feeling lousy. Again, after several days, I felt better. I now have it again, and my doctor treated me with Prednisone, and then it went into a sinus infection, so I am on
Augmenten as well. I honestly don't feel better. I just finished eight days on Prednisone and am on day seven of the antibiotic. The minute I try to get up and go out even for a
simple shopping trip to the store, I come home weak in the knees and feeling faint and cough to beat the band. Is there anything else I should or could be doing? Should I go back in?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you should see a pulmonary specialist and get a pulmonary function test and chest CT scan

I hope you don't smoke

have you consulted with a pulmonologist before?