wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal medicine internship in New York City. Two decades+ of medical experience
48069651

Have TBI & brain tumor. Was ran over by a trucl Jan 10th &

Customer Question

Have TBI & brain tumor. Was ran over by a trucl Jan 10th & prescribed minipress prazosin for nightmares, have been hurt bad. Also for throwing up was prescribed promethazine. My urine test came back inconclusive, traces of meth. The ER Dr had prescribed these 2 new medicines in the last few months. I tried to explain & Dr wouldn't listen. He's acting like I take meth & I don't. The new medicine is giving a false positive. Now my Dr won't give me my prescription Suboxone. He just cut me off cold turkey. I am concerned I might have seizures from this. This is wrong. Now I am angry about this because my medical condition is very serious & my Dr is accusing me of using meth, which I have NEVER done.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using my Mom's email. Should I talk to an Attorney ? I have been a patient of this Dr for almost 4 years & have always passed my drug tests w/the exception of these last 2 months (a test each month). I was prescribed the new meds Jan 10th.
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Can I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find your answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will wait on new professional.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I see that your previous expert has opted out.

At this point your best bet for proving that you did not use meth and that the new medicines you are taking are responsible for a false positive would be to contact -- or have a lawyer contact on your behalf -- the company that manufactures the drug testing protocol used when you were tested.

If the company agrees with you that the medications the ER doctor prescribed could have caused a false positive result for using Meth, once they report this possibility to your doctor, I am confident that she will reconsider her position about your test results and possibly renew your medications.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS