Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My daughter has threadworm and I treated all the family and

Customer Question

My daughter has threadworm and I treated all the family and cleaned the sheets. 5 days later and I'm experiencing discomfort in my vagina which is swollen (not itchy) and with discharge. Is it likely I have worms myself now? My daughter shared a bed with me when she was struggling at night with itching, although she was wearing tight fitting pants and pyjamas. I have heard it takes 3 weeks and vaginal worms will clear up by themselves, is that right? I'm Feeling upset that I may have them myself now!
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

your daughters threadworm would not spread to your vagina.

most likely you have a vaginal fungal infection causing swelling and discharge or bacterial vaginosis (BV) bacterial infection in your vaginal canal which can cause swelling and discharge.

you need to see your GP doctor and get a gyn exam

if you have BV infection, there is metronidazole which can help

if you have a vaginal fungal infection, there are fungal treatments which can help.

do you have a GP doctor?