Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have a fever of 100.2 that fluctuates between 99.7 and

Customer Question

Hi I have a fever of 100.2 that fluctuates between 99.7 and 100.7.
It just came on this morning. I did have chills and now they're gone for the time being.
Water seems to be going thru me as I'm trying to keep hydrated.
Some times there is a slight pain with utination. Not to bad though.
I did have a tooth crown that got infected , and it has been for awhile, although a blood test about a month or two ago showed a completely normal cbc.
I'm wondering if it's possible if the bacteria from the tooth infection broke through finally , and now I might be experiencing some sort of septic shock? Maybe my fever isn't high enough for that. And maybe it's just a normal bug that's going around. This is the season, Of course. :-)
What are your thoughts ? And thank you!
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It sounds that you are fighting an infection of some type I agree with that ..NO I do NOT think that you are SEPTIC ..not that sick...

One clue is that the fever came on recently ....it is relatively mild ( not 102)

Normal CBC 2 months ago is not very relevant to current illness ...

If it has been a while since dental work then that would seem less likely to be culprit ....

Pain with urination should be followed up as it could be due to a urinary tract infection

I would stay observant for symptoms which may relate such as respiratory ( sinus congestion, pain, post -nasal congestion, sore throat , cough ...etc ) Watch for GI symptoms such as stomach discomfort / diarrhea ....

I would continue to watch for urinary symptoms but from what you have described I think it best to get the urine checked for designs of infection

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD