Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Every time I have bladder symptoms like pain amd difficulty

Customer Question

Every time I have bladder symptoms like pain amd difficulty urinating, my UA comes back with maybe 2-3 wbc, no rbc, mucous, and even though I am extremely careful with a cleam catch midstream, it always says, mutiple urogenital flora. I feel like I have a bladdee infection but does my "negative" UA still indicate possibly an early UTI? It's hard to differentiate other symptoms because I already have fevers constantly due to adult onset stills disease ( and am taking methotrexate injections). I also should note I have uterine fibroids, and an ovarian cyst and cervical cyst. The cramping type of pain I feel when my bladder is full is strong. My question is this, does this all indicate that I should see the gynecologist right away or should I find a Urologist? I don't want to wait on this and then end up with a severe infection because my immune system is quite compromised due to the methotrexate. Can uterine fibroids mimic the feeling of UTI? Or can pelvic reproductive organ inflammation exacerbate the surrounding tissue like the bladder? (Similar to GERD exacerbating the lungs and asthma?) thank you for your input.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

I would recommend that you follow up with a urologist ...they could obtain a Cath urine for U/A and culture ...cystoscopy could be done to examine lining of bladder ...chronic inflammatory condition of bladder = INTERSTIAL CYSTITIS could mimic symptoms of UTIs ...

Uterine fibroids may be symptomatic but I think not so much mimic of UTI -- no to that I would say

Similar as to ovarian cyst ...possible Symptoms but not mimic of UTI ....

Actually another consideration could be a side effect of the methotrexate ....it can include potential side effect of pain with urination

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD