Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Alijah and I have this red lump on my penis that won't go

Customer Question

Alijah and I have this red lump on my penis that won't go away and I'm ready to stab it with a needle but I'm scared because idk what if it could be serious I just want it gone my girl won't touch me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's at the bottom half of my penis where my hair grow but I haven't shaved and it doesn't look like an ingrown hair or fill like one at all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your symptoms are suggestive of a boil or carbuncle. This is not sexually transmitted disease. This would resolve by a course of antibiotic. Meanwhile you may apply Betadine or Bactroban cream / ointment. Stabbing with a needle may not help and there is a chance of spread of infection.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it unsafe to have sex

If you cover it with a dressing (available without prescription;; like band-aid); it is safe.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question how did I get it and how do I keep it away once gone

The infection can occur from evironment and usually is not easy to know. Once you take a full course of antibiotic, it is not likely to come back.

It is pleasure assisting you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope you are doing good.

Let me know if I can do anything further.