Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

When I was sleeping I woke up gasping ,I took my pressure

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** was sleeping I woke up gasping for air,I took my pressure and it was 152/102 and heart rate was 63,what should I do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I woke up gasping for air,and wen I got myself together,I took my blood pressure and it was152/102 and I just started having sharp pain in my left shoulder,what should I do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

Hello, you should go to emergency room. You need an EKG. An heart issue has to be ruled out. The other possibility to be ruled out is sleep apnea. Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Hope you are doing very good.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

Hope you are doing great.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Hope you are doing good.

Let me know if I can help you further.