Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been feeling faint with diarrhea a week. Went to

Customer Question

Hi I have been feeling faint with diarrhea for about a week. Went to doctors and hospital - had EKG and blood drawn. Nothing came up other than high blood pressure: 160/101. Doctor put me in Bystolic 3 days ago - blood pressure read 139/85 at the supermarket yesterday. I also lost my perfect eye sight in right eye went from 20/20 to 20/200 perhaps in the last month, could be longer, but the eye doctor could not find anything wrong. (I am in my mid 40s and said it was just due to getting older).
I am still faint and have upset stomach. The faintness goes in and out, never feel perfect, but can drive and walk. The upset stomach also comes and goes Have been eating healthy foods and vitamins. My stool is not as watery as in the first two days, but my stomach rumbles all the time and stool comes out more like soft ice cream.
My temperature just now, read 94, 95, 96, 97, 98.1 in the order, in the last 1/2 hour at home.
My temperature was a little low at doctors a few days was a little low but within range.
When I feel faint, I don't feel like the room is spinning, but like I need to lay down with my feet up with an ice pack on my head.
Sometime caffeine (like diet Coke) helps with my faintness - don't kno why. Would you happen to have any remedies or thoughts please?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Persistent faint feeling and vision loss suggest likely problem in the brain.

The optic nerve may get compressed from a brain tumor or aneurysm.

Fainting is also another symptom.

Stroke is also possible.

Hence you need a MRI scan of the brain with contrast and a consultation with a neurologist soon.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/