A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My son says s stomach bubbling and be feels like he have to

Customer Question

Hi doctor my son says his stomach bubbling and be feels like he have to vomit and plus he says he been burping and passing gas. What do you think he have.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Stomach bubbles, feeling like I have to vomit,burping, passing gas
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Most probably this is just a mild viral gastroenteritis, what some people call "stomach flu" although it has nothing to do with flu. It usually passes on its own in 24-48 hours, although some cases can last as long as 5-6 days. It's important to eat lightly (toast, applesauce, boiled potatoes or white rice) and stay well hydrated with water or an electrolyte fluid such as Gatorade if one has vomiting and diarrhea.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~