Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician
9385906

Need to stop drinking, gh pulse in morning...anxiety and

Customer Question

Need to stop drinking
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: high pulse in morning...anxiety and tremor. I have to drink to work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 11 months ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

Well, it is never too late to quit drinking so i will like to welcome your this decision and offer you support with a very potent drug regime which will help you not only to lower your craving for alcohol but also it will ease and prevent alcohol withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, tremors, restlessness, etc.

So, kindly discuss this drug regime with your treating doctor preferably a Psychiatrist.

1) -- Acamprosate (Campral) at dose of 333 mg three times a day, that is morning, afternoon and night after meals each time. After 2 weeks raising the dose to 666 mg three times a day and staying out on it. Acamprosate is a very potent anti craving medication that reduces the person's craving for alcohol and hence helps in coming off it.

2) -- Lorazepam ( ativan ) at dose of 0.5-2 mg three times a day. This drug will manage your anxiety and tremors and other withdrawal symptoms effectively thus helping in easy withdrawal.

3) -- Sodium valproate at dose of 300 mg twice a day or Divalproex at dose of 250 - 500 mg once a day. Any one of these medications is to be used as a mood stabilizer to manage your anxiety and restlessness and also help lorazepam in managing withdrawal symptoms.

4) -- Methylcobalamin ( vitamin b 12) supplements ( dose of(###) ###-####mcg) , Thiamine ( Vitamin B1) supplements and Pyridoxin supplements to be used for managing alcohol withdrawal.

5) -- Alcohol Anonymous (AA), group therapy shall also help you in maintaining your determination so try to get enrolled into one such program.

So with this cluster of medicines forming the crux of the drug regime you should be able to come off alcohol but i will urge you to show perseverance in your endeavor and grit in fighting against the demon of alcohol addiction and hopefully you will come out as a winner, so have patience at all times.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards