Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a pain that is more of an ache in my left inner

Customer Question

I have a pain that is more of an ache in my left inner thigh, seems close to surface.. I am 74, obese and on Weight Watchers to reduce. Due to Parkinson's, mobility is limited, but I walk up 14 stairs to bed and walk in house with cane or walker. Pain (ache) seems localized in one small area of inner thigh, and hurts when I walk but eases when I sit down. I am an RN so of course worry about DVT but my symptoms don't seem indicative of that. I have sciatic pain in my left hip. Sleep in bed on a bed rest with arms, legs out and often with a pillow under knees. This ache is new, and seems positional because when sitting or lying down, it eases. Does a DVT do that?Please help! Thanks!
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I only take two meds for Parkinson's symptoms vertigo and spatial disorientation: Promethazine25 or 50, and Diazepam5. Take no other meds except Tylenol, which helps thigh pain but not completely. I don't tolerate protocol meds for PD.Blood pressure is good and bleed very easily so am not on any anti-coag meds. I am frightened by this inner thigh ache
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

a DVT would not tend to cause these symptoms.

that location on the upper inner thigh does not tend to get DVT

DVT tends to cause pain all the time standing or sitting and swelling of the leg

your symptoms sound more like a pulled groin or pulled or strained thigh muscle which can hurt when you stand and get better when you sit.

you might need physical therapy or gentle massage therapy and stretching therapy to the inner thigh to help stretch the cramped muscle to help decrease pain over time.

let me know if you have questions.