Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My mom had a bad fall this past Sunday, and she has a

Customer Question

My mom had a bad fall this past Sunday, and she has a concussion. We took her to the ER to make sure that she checked out okay, and they sent her home with nausea medicine (she had been throwing up). Her nausea is better but now she is having fever and chills- our family doctor said she has a blood infection and she is now on antibiotics. She was supposed to get an ultrasound today since she was having pain on her upper right side by her rib cage. Our family doctor said she might be having gall bladder issues, but I am scared to death something very serious is going on since she has septicemia. The imaging place can't get her in until next Wednesday, and we just think that is too long of a wait. Should we taker her back to the ER?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

You should take her to ER. With a history of concussion followed by septicemia and now upper right side rib cage pain need urgent evaluation by following;

1) Chest x-ray.

2) Ultrasound

3) Urine and blood culture.

Only these would be able to guide the management plan.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.

Hope your mother is doing good.

It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/