A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

2 months ago I had a psa test and it came in as a 6.8, I had

Customer Question

2 months ago I had a psa test and it came in as a 6.8
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks prior and I had a herpes outbreak at the time of the psa test! then the doctor did finger wave and said oops, He felt a small bump1 so he had me go for an MRI with the nasty butcoil where as I was subjected to so much pian that I cried!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that a new psa test is in order in a couple to 4 months
I have no signs of blood in urin can pee have ejactulation and don't have to get up in the middle of the night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am broke right now will gladly pay on tuesday
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. I agree that a repeat PSA in a few months when you are completely healed is a good plan. Any manipulation (such as from a digital rectal exam) can increase the PSA result.

Different men respond differently to the endorectal coil. Nobody likes it, of course, but most don't have your level of pain. Tolerable discomfort is what I hear most often. I hope the MRI results were good.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~