A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have home urine dipsticks and it is showing leukolytes and

Customer Question

I have home urine dipsticks and it is showing leukolytes and blood in my urine. Usually that is normal. It wasnt bloody in the toilet though. On the stick it wasn't yellow with blue specs but it was the first color after normal green. What does this mean? I feel fine
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 9 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.

The dipsticks colors vary depending on the company. Can you paste the instructions about results, what color shows what according to them?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm at work I don't know. I just know the yellow with specs. Is no hemoglobin or something like that

Okay,I need to know the instructions to give a clarified answer, get back to me when you have it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok this morning it registered hemolysis plus 10 ( one step from normal) then now I took it and it was normal
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for requesting a new answer. Leokocytes are white blood cells and can indicate a urinary tract infection. In women it can also indicate that the specimen was not a clean catch and is contaminated with vaginal cells. The most common causes of hemolyzed blood are allergies, or love levels of vitamin C, A, bioflavenoids or calcium.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

If you have no more questions about this test, I would appreciate a "5 star" rating since this is the only way I am paid for my time and knowledge.