A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Having cold feeling over heart in relation to emotional

Customer Question

Having cold feeling over heart in relation to emotional pain. What is it?..ck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Rejected by spouse. No any other symptoms. Only happens when I think about it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 9 months ago.

Hello.

It's a normal reaction to emotional upset. It has no particular clinical significance. We often describe emotional upset and rejection as having a "broken heart." Of course, the heart isn't really broken, we just feel that it is.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I knew that part.. I was wondering why it feels cold. Unable to find the answer anywhere. I'm wondering exactly what is happening.

It's just a feeling because of your emotional upset. Some people actually describe pain. Some have a hot feeling. You feel cold. It's not exactly psychosomatic, but it is harmless. Perhaps your brain associates the rejection with coldness. There is no specific physiological reason for it.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your time and answer...ck

You're so very welcome. When asked to rate the anser, I would appreciate a good rating, since that is the only way I am paid for my time and the answer.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~