Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

How can i tell the difference between a hemeroid and a

Customer Question

How can i tell the difference between a hemeroid and a polyp ? I have a lump in my butt crack right side of butt and it hurts all day long ? My bowels have been very loose for a loooong time and now somehow they seem to be more firm and bulky kind of hard to pass but not only do I pass my bowels but I also need not wipe ( I still do tho ) which is the way my bowels were for years till about ten years ago when they changed to loose now they firm and shapely but I seem to have developed a hemeroid or some type of polyp and I don't know how to tell the difference if there even is a way for me to ???
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

anal hemorrhoids are much much much more common in the area than anal polyp

anal hemorrhoids will shrink down and calm down with steroid creams like 1% hydrocortisone cream used on the hemorrhoid for 1-2 times a day for 2 weeks.

polyps usually will not shrink with steroid cream use.

best to see a doctor and get the area evaluated.

hurting all day long can be a sign it is infected or swollen

you can try over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area and see if it shrinks

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One more question I just had some spicy food falafel with very hot hot sauce and I peed afterwards and now the tip of my penis feels like I poured rubbing alcohol on it a very cold hot feeling , what can this be thanks to its very strange I never felt anything like this without actually pouring rubbing alcohol on my penis ? Is this a herpes like symptom ? As far as I know I don't have herpes never had any sores or anything like that on my penis or anywhere on my body parts used for sex both oral and not
Is there any tests that can see if I have herpes without an actual outbreak
I looked at my penis and all seems normal it just feels ice cold not to the touch though if you know what I mean

the burning is from the spicy foods getting into your urine and causing the burning when you pee.

there are blood test which can look for antibodies to herpes virus.

if you are very nervous or anxious, this can cause less blood flow to your penis.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nervous and anxious I am not as far as the burning ice cold type burn in my oenis goes , I am very nervous and anxious that my life will never amount to anything due to some type of mental break I've had years ago due to life and its cues changing in ways that have totally derailed me mentally , so much that I am in recognizable to myself as far as my ways of living doing and thinking go if this make any sense

are you willing to see a doctor or psychiatrist to talk about your nervousness and anxiety?

there are treatments for it which can help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No cause I don't have the clear anxious thoughts you see in here when I go to phsychologist
I actually have a psychologist that I see bi weekly
Do you have someone you'd like to refer me to

that is good you are seeing a psychologist biweekly.

we don't refer patients out to clients.

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com