Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

This is going to be a pretty general vague question but a

Customer Question

This is going to be a pretty general vague question but a few years back life one day everything I saw and heard in life like people places and things were making it extremely difficult for me to think straight and clearly , I kept saying to family and friends that I felt like I see losing my mind and having a breakdown of some sort , I just woke up one morning and started feeling very confused and everything I saw ang heard no matter where or from who was making it very hard for me to think straight concentrate etcetc which I kept saying I felt like I was losing myself and eventually this went on for so long that I have totally changed as a person I can't explain in detail how I've changed but I know for sure Ive changed. The old me would have been able to assess and explain clearly with detail and expamples how I see or feel I've changed , like what I see in myself now that's different from what I saw felt and thought before the change. I tried reaching out to my psychologist when this started happening but I wasn't able to get in touch with him fast enough and by the time I got an appointment I had allready lost myself(< if this even the right way to put it) so much that I couldn't even help psychologist help me due to not being able to give good clear supporting facts examples and thoughts on how I've changed , crazy Part is everyone who I've spoken to wether Doctor family or friend doesn't see this change in me and all they keep saying when I try to bring it to head is that I haven't changed which I wish was true of it was why would I keep saying I did and more so what am I suppose to do about this ? I have lost years of my life thanks to this self detachment and I'm so fat into it my guess is that it's over and who I am now is who I am forever !!! I've lost all sense offend and all my skills and ways no matter what I try to do that I was always Able and capable of doing in past o can not do no more like I never was the person I was all my life before change
I know this message probably not going to hell me in any way but what can I do it is very hard to let go of person I was all my life begore change
Without that person I can't enjoy life or else I would be
If my message is a little all over the place please ask any questions necessary for me to clarify and I'll try my best to be straight and to the point which is and was my normal way of being for what me saying this last thing worth being that anyone can say they this or that but that means nothing saying it
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello !

I think that you should consult if possible a double specialist in neurology and psychiatry ---

This way you may be thoroughly evaluated by both an organic neurological problem aspect and an in depth psychiatric aspect ...

The symptoms that you describe are not to be dismissed...

I think that the double specialist would be ideal ( they are more avaible in large systems )

Seeing one each neurologist and psychiatrist would be acceptable as well....

The symptoms that you describe would be best evaluated in such combination....

There may be a psychological disorder which could cause the sense of loss of your I sense of identity but neurological or metabolic problems could be at play here ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

From metabolic standpoint it would be worthwhile to check such things as B12 deficiency ....

Neurogist might set you up for EEG....

Psychiatrist might evaluate emotional symptoms and questionnaires and interview you to help rule out a problem such as shizoaffective disorder ....

I list these just as examples of the sort of range of considerations ...

Let me know if you have further discussion

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Hello again----

See also reference below with regard to depersonizatiion/ serialization disorder whivmch may be a diagnostic consideration with your symptoms ----

www.mayo clinic.org/diseases-conditions/depersonalization-derealization-disorder/ basics/symptoms/con-200334401

I hope that this may be helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns!

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD