Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My name is ***** *****. I have been having a variety of

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** *****. I have been having a variety of symptoms and can't seem to get an official diagnosis.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I have had ocular migraines for several years that I have learned to live with. Typically would get 1 every few months. Then, last May, I noticed one day when I woke up that I saw a spot in my peripheral vision. It was not a black spot, more like a sparkling spot (especially in sunlight). I don't always see it now, but do see it when I am outside in the sunlight. Since last May, I have seen several opthamologists, and they have looked at my eye and have said that everything is good. During all of this time, I have suffered from extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I have lost my period for about 6 months (not pregnant) and now feel tingling/vibrating in my hands and feet. My periods were usually very normal/regular, but after 6 months, I finally got my period and bled for about 14 days, which is not typical for me. I am not sure if this is all related or if a lot of this is due to anxiety over what was causing my vision issues.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

You should consult a neurologist ....

Tingling / vibration >> abnormal sensations of hands and feet sound consistent with a peripheral neuropathy .. There are many potential causes of this type symptom and you should have this worked up ...( included causes of peripheral neuropathy may include blood sugar metabolism issues esp diabetes / hypothyroidism / B12 deficiency / autoimmune diseases (( lupus , CIDP , other )) / electrolyte abnormalities/ exposures to toxins such as heavy metals or organophosphates or chemical solvents ....

The migraines may tie in to visual symptoms and this should be reviewed by neurologigist as well...

Preventive measures may help to reduce visual symptoms in the case of migraines and include potential help to reduce ocular migraines ...

Meds such as Topamax / Inderal / Elavil could be helpful to prevent visual symptoms if due to migraine ....

As for irregular periods I think evaluation of your hormonal levels may be helpful --' estrogen / progesterone / FSH/ LH / thyroid hormone / prolactin/ a pelvic ultrasound to check for PCOS may be helpful as well...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD