A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I am 43 y/o and I had a medical abortion last week which it

Customer Question

I am 43 y/o and I had a medical abortion last week which it partially worked I mean the pregnancy was terminated but a lot of blood and stuff still in there according to the nurse that give me the sonogram yesterday which I saw and yea I could see the white which means that I have a lot of tissue still up there, she pretty much told me I need a DNC or a D&C to remove it all, the thing is that they're charging me $350 more that I don't have right now because I don't get paid til Friday, so I was freaking out and told her ok I'll comeback saturday and we do it she said no that's too late, I have to do it tomorrow because I am going to catch sepsis and die because the antibiotics they give me only cover me for a week? I tried to get the money but I haven't had any luck. Am I gonna die? Is this true? What do I do? Would my body wait till Saturday? I feel fine. Please help!!!
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you are in danger of an infection. Whether you would die or not isn't predictable, but you could wind up hospitalized on IV antibiotics for days which would be dozens of times more than $350. Perhaps they would go ahead with the D&C and wait for payment until Friday when you get paid. If not, call around and see who might do this.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~