Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
88055251

I been dealing with a stomach problem few months now. I

Customer Question

I been dealing with a stomach problem for a few months now. I thought it would go away but it just seems to keep getting worse. I'm always nausea and seem to have diarrhea. Now I can't seem to eat without it wanting to come back up no matter what I eat. No I'm also having a bit of cramping in my uper stomach. If I have to go to the bathroom my lower stomach feels like it's on fire... I don't have money for a doc so I don't want to go and find out its something silly. What do u think?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified Obgyn. It's not good to be lasting so long. However, the longer you have it, the more it upsets you and that doesn't help. No obvious blood in the stool I guess. Patients can develop intolerance to dairy products. Does Tums help any pain or nausea. It wouldn't be silly if this continues and maybe you just need an antibiotic because the GI tract is susceptible. They can check the stool for bacteria and even parasites. That shouldn't be to expensive. It's up to you but it certainly can be treatable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No bloody stool. Take tums doesn't seem to help I can't eat dairy products I try eating things low in acid but nothing seems to help. Tried taking probiotic doesn't help either.

You sound stuck for now. I'd suggest an urgent care facility to just get a complete blood count CBC and stool specimen for culture, ova and parasites.