Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been having watery yellow stools past three days.

Customer Question

I have been having watery yellow stools for the past three days. Morning stools are a little more firm but by the third bowel movement-it is running out of me. It is bright yellow, watery, has yellow mucus, and some red mucus also. Today it started within minutes upon drinking something this morning. I have had some stomach cramps but would not rate them as severe and some are more like a stabbing pain on the upper right abdomen--uncomfortable but not severe. Stool smells foul. I have little appetite but am trying to eat something and drinking water to stay hydrated. My gallbladder was removed in 2006. I have fibromyalgia and experience several symptoms that could be masking an issue with this. I normally experience constipation from the medications I take however I do have occasional bouts of diarrhea. This yellow, watery, mucus stool has never occurred prior to this and there has been no change in medications. I do not have a fever.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure. I have fibro so I have a lot of little issues and a few big issues and have no idea what would be fibro related or connected to this.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is definitely due to the bacterial or parasitic infection.

You need stool tests.

Antibiotics cipro and flagyl should be started soon for treatment.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/