A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have intermittant discomfortate at the base of my skull

Customer Question

I have intermittant discomfortate at the base of my skull with a heavy feeling of my head. It feels as though my neck will not support my head. I have had this for several months and it is worse. I am anh 84 year old female.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No history of injury
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 9 months ago.

In the past several months that you've had these symptoms, have you discussed them with your primary medical provider?

Do you take any medications? For which diagnoses>

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I take medicine for hypertension, lasix, kcl and pradaxa
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you there. if busy you can call me
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Since I have received no response from you I am leaving this website. I suppose I need a refund

Hello again,

Sorry for the 10 minute delay, I was helping another customer.

Pain at the base of the skull can be muscular (a tension headache that mainly affects the back of the neck) or it can be occipital neuralgia. There are several subtle headache syndromes that manifest themselves in this area. You might need to see a neurologist to sort out which of the many different reasons there can be for pain in this area.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~