Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I was using a paint stripper on a toolbox and it got on my

Customer Question

i was using a paint stripper on a toolbox and it got on my face. what type of first aid should i use?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i have rinsed it thoroughly. The infected area doesn't have any sores but there is redness.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No fever just redness'
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello !

Do you know what the solvent was ? I think if it came onto your skin and you flushed with water tgatcthis would suffice ...ok for a solvent to use soap and water _ soaps may be more mixable with chemical solvents and help remove these ( acetone / ethyl acetate / other solvents ...)

It would be important that you did not get these in your eyes or I'm your mouth

Very important that you did not acidentally inhale such a solvent

..if we are looking at brief skin contact only then first aid measures to thoroughly clean skin with soap and water should be fine ...

Also how are you feeling ?

You feel ok ? Any burning of eyes ? Coughing or wheezing or burning of chest ? You did not accudentakku swallow any solvent , right ??

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD