A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My name is ***** ***** and I went bloodwork, its states Wbc

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I went for routine bloodwork, its states Wbc Esterase 2+ and WBC11-30 what does this mean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not having any issue
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.

This sounds more like a urinalysis than a blood report. Can you give me the complete data? There should be reference ranges next to each listing. Could you give those as well?

Thanks,

Schuyler,

~

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well Wbc range is 0-5 and wbc esterase should be negative

What all that means is that you have a mild urinary tract infection. Your medical provider will probably want to prescribe and antibiotic for you. It isn't unusual to find a UTI in routine testing even if the patient isn't having urinary symptoms.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~